Whether it is a family member, a neighbor or your coworker, chances are you have someone very negative in your life. Their constant complaining and blaming can drive you crazy. They won’t stop talking about the same negative situation time and time again. They never take responsibility for any of their actions and believe the world is out to get them. After spending a few hours or maybe even minutes around them it might feel impossible to escape that energy. Here are a few tips to avoid negative energy, even if you can’t avoid that person.
1. Don’t React: Most of the time the person who is ranting is looking for a reaction to validate their feelings. If you do not react you are not giving them the satisfaction they are looking for. Over time they will probably stop giving you negative energy because you are not returning the negative energy. Instead of reacting simply say, “I’m sorry that happened to you.” Or “Maybe next time will be better.”
2. Give off positive energy: Start the day off right by flashing them a huge smile and wishing them a great day. They might be confused at first but it will get them thinking about being more positive. Also, the energy you give off is the energy you attract. The negative person may no longer find themselves at your desk or badgering you at family gatherings.
3. Don’t Dwell: If you find yourself dwelling on how annoying that person is, you are only inviting more negative energy into your space. It is important to remember that they are the unhappy ones, not you.
4. Understand where they’re coming from: This does not mean you need to dive into every detail of their “dramatic” lives or figure out why they are constantly negative. Instead, realize that there is an imbalance in their lives and they are unsatisfied with themselves. They may not even realize these things. This has nothing to do with you.
5. Debrief: Once that negative person has entered your life, there is a great chance that you pick up on their energy. Take a little time after your conversation or encounter to collect your thoughts and build your positive energy back up. You do not want negativity lingering throughout your day.
If you are struggling with negative people in your life, Holistic Sound Healing will be able to help. By changing your energy and thought process, it will become easier to handle situations in your everyday life. But in the meantime, practice these tips and notice how you won’t let negative energy affect your life!