What is visualization? Visualization is a type of mindfulness practice that allows our brains to visualize a scenario or situation that we want to happen. For example, you want to do well in an interview and get the job. You can visualize yourself confidently going through the interview process, getting the call that you got the job, and what it looks like once you have the job.
How can we visualize effectively? The best way to visualize is by feeling the emotions you would feel if the event already happened the way you wanted it to. Would you feel gratitude? Would you feel excited? Would you feel happy? Focus on those emotions and try to keep your mood at that level even past the visualization.
How does this work? When we visualize a future event, we are putting our present selves in the frequency of that event. This aligns us with the frequency of our desires and creates the pathway for it to happen. Visualization accesses your creative subconscious, which will create scenarios to get you to that goal. It also programs your brain to notice more opportunities that are aligned with your goals.
Many people use this technique for manifestation. Some people call it a mental rehearsal, where they visualize themselves in a movie theater and on the screen is the scenario they want to manifest. They watch themselves on the screen, from what they’re wearing down to their facial expressions. Then they visualize themselves opening a door on the screen and entering it, placing themselves in the movie of their visualization.
Some great ways to support your visualizations is through actual visual reminders, like a vision board. This can create subconscious pathways in your brain to focus on your goals. You can also tie affirmations to your goals and recite them a few times a day. This also helps rewire your brain to attract your goals.
Once you have completed your visualization technique, release your desire to the universe, knowing that it has already come true and it will find you in divine timing.
Here’s a checklist of what to do for your visualization practice:
- Meditate before visualizing to clear your mind
- Think about what you want to manifest, think of every detail, every emotion and every thought.
- Place yourself in that visualization and allow yourself to feel the emotion if it had already happened.
- Create a vision board that will be a guide for your subconscious to manifest your goals/desires.
- Recite daily affirmations that help bring you to the frequency of your goals.
- Release the desire and trust that the universe will provide your manifestation through divine timing.