Infrared is found in nature and is necessary light for life. All living things need it to grow and flourish.
- Sunlight is 52-55% infrared. It’s all the good parts of the sun’s healing light.
- The experience of an infrared treatment is similar to sunbathing, giving you that wonderful natural warmth. Unlike sunbathing, infrared heat therapy is completely healthy and safe. You can relax in an infrared sauna and it will never cause your skin to burn.
Infrared is part of a natural spectrum
- Remember the first time you saw a prism transform light into a rainbow of visible light? Infrared is the visible light just outside the prism next to red light, thus the name “infra (below)” + “red”
- Infrared consists of 3 wavelengths: near, mid, and far.
- Visible light and infrared are part of the electromagnetic spectrum, a continuum of light waves organized by how they interact with matter. Scientists explain infrared as a safe, gentle form that brings many good, healthy things to earth and human beings.
Infrared heats the body directly rather than simply heating the air
- Infrared penetrates human tissue, and the energy it delivers is just the right nudge cells need to stimulate warmth, growth and release.
- Infrared is effective at a low, soothing temperature.
- It is completely healthy and safe for all living things. It’s even used in hospitals to warm newborn infants.