In our last article we talk about the mind-body connection in relation to disease. In the article, we mentioned Dr. Deepak Chopra’s Radical Well-Being and how he talks about the power of meditation. We’re going to go a little deeper into the importance of meditation and other lifestyle factors that can actually heal yourself.
- Sleep: Sleep is the number one thing your body needs. If you’re not getting enough sleep, your body is going through a significant amount of stress. This takes your body out of the parasympathetic nervous system and puts you into fight or flight. Have you ever gotten a poor night of sleep and felt extremely hungry the next day? When you don’t sleep your body produces less leptin and more cortisol. Leptin is the hormone that suppresses your appetite when you’ve had enough to eat and cortisol is your stress hormone. When you’re stressed, your body craves more food and if you don’t have hormones telling you when to stop eating, you may be prone to overeating. This alone can throw your body out of alignment. Cortisol can also mess with your mood, causing more anger. (Hello low vibes!)
- Meditation: Meditation brings our bodies into a theta frequency. When you are in a theta state you experience visualization, creativity, insight, peace, and you are connected to the universe. This allows you to decompress, and bring your body back to the sympathetic nervous system. This is where healing can occur. When we heal our bodies, we can experience more positivity, creativity and fun because we’re not reserving energy.
- Movement: Moving our bodies allows our lymphatic system to move and cleanse itself. A sluggish lymphatic system leads to lower immunity, fluid retention, and retention of toxins in our bodies. Movement also produces endorphins and other happy hormones that can improve our moods, combatting stress and environmental factors.
- Emotions: Recognizing our emotions is extremely important. This doesn’t mean we have to always be happy or positive, in fact that can sometimes be counterintuitive. It’s important to feel your emotions and process them. By processing them and releasing them, we are no longer storing them in the body. Journaling is an excellent way of doing this because your body no longer feels the need to store the memory once it’s written on paper. You can start to release some of that pain.
- Nutrition: Fueling your body with food that intuitively feels good to you is extremely important. Knowing your limits and what your body is craving can benefit you and your energy. Our bodies are cyclical, especially for women. It’s important to feed your body what it needs at that moment.
At the end of the day, you are in charge of your healing and preventing yourself from disease. These are the best ways to set yourself up for success. Energy Sound Frequency Therapy will give you the extra benefits on top of all of these points, and improve your life significantly. Energy Sound Frequency Therapy will bring you back into alignment, which makes it much easier to incorporate these healthy habits into your life. When you love yourself – your body and the world loves you back.