It’s easy to compare yourself to other people. There are so many different reasons as to why you are different from other people. Whether it was how you were raised, how you weren’t raised, where you grew up, who you grew up with, or different life events-no matter what it is, it impacts your life. These differences are why we have so many conflicts. Instead of comparing what is similar and different, we need to start adjusting and adapting to the situation that is in front of us. At Rediscover Yourself LLC, we are able to remove negative emotions linked to these factors and increase the positivity in your life. Playwright and philanthropist George Bernard Shaw quotes, “Those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.”
Here are the 5 simple habits that will make you a better person
1. Be Considerate: It is important to be aware in any situation. Not everybody has the same mind frame that you do. What makes them uncomfortable might not make you uncomfortable and vice versa. Instead of focusing on yourself in social situations, try to look around you and notice the body language and other aspects of these people. Evaluating the situation and thinking before you speak might save you a lot of trouble in the near future.
2. Fight Fair: Although it is never a good idea to be hostile and start a fight, sometimes it is necessary for you to stand up for yourself. Not everyone is as considerate as you and instead of making the situation worse and being confrontational, it might be a good idea to take a step back and overview the situation. Don’t say anything harmful or negative. Question yourself, is what you’re fighting about worth it? Is it starting to get out of hand? The most important thing to remember is that you always have control over how you react in a situation.
3. Apologize: There are many different types of apologies. The sarcastic type, the insincere ones and contradictory apologies. The best kind of apology is one that is genuine and sincere. If there are still loose ends after an apology things were not resolved and that means there will be prolonged resent in the future or even another necessary apology at an irrelevant or inconvenient time. It is always best to confront those problems right away so there will not be any extra stress or resent.
4. Compromise: Everyone has his or her own opinions. Like I mentioned before, everybody is raised differently and have different factors relating to why they are the way they are. Instead of being stubborn and irrational, it might be a good idea to try to understand where they are coming from and although you may not agree, it might be a good idea for you both to move forward with the give and take process. Besides, change will always be prevalent in our lives and it is important that we are constantly adapting. This is how we move forward.
5. Move On: Everyone experiences hurt, loss, pain and other negative emotions in their life. Once you let time take away the pain and stop dwelling over the pain you used to feel, amazing things will start to happen for you. Your mind has the power to love again, feel again and even be happy again. Trust the flow of life and you will not be disappointed.
So there you have the 5 basic habits that will make you a better person. It may be hard to practice some of these due to previous pain in your life or dramatic events. Holistic Sound Healing is a great way to remove those negative emotions and allow you to practice these habits. Once you remove negativity from your life, only positive experiences will be attracted to you and it becomes so much easier to be positive and happy.